Sunday 17 November 2013

Review: Cruelty free moisturisers


Cruelty free moisturiser


I believe that we shouldn't make animals pay for us looking good which is why I shop for cruelty free make-up and skincare products. I'm really into my beauty products and I'm always on the look out for a great moisturiser. I love products that make you feel pampered and thought I would let you in on my top 5 cruelty free moisturisers (Men - this isn't just a woman only post, they'd make your skin great too!). 

I'm not a preacher in any way and don't like blogs that constantly preach to others to do what they do/buy what they buy etc, but I just want to encourage thoughtfulness with make-up and skincare products and to maybe appreciate the background of the products you buy. I hope this post shows that there are so many amazing products out there that are cruelty free, there's no need to buy anything else! 


So when possible look out for the bunny symbol which is the international gold symbol for companies that are cruelty free. 


I've bought this moisturer a couple of times now which proves to me that it works and is good value for money. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and fresh and stops drying out in these cold winter conditions! I buy the intense version as I tend to get very dry skin in winter but they also have a version for normal skin. 

You may have heard rumours about this one and I can tell you they're all true. Origins Gin-Zing eye cream and moisturiser has featured on almost every beauty blog going and there's almost definitely a reason for it. This little beauty illuminates your skin and smells great.  

If you're looking for an inexpensive moisturiser that'll do the job then look no further. M&S's Miracle Balm makes you skin feel velvety soft and prevents dryness. It's also multi-purpose so you can use it as a cleanser or a mask as well although I just use it as a moisturiser underneath my make-up. 

The pricey option but they do say that you get what you pay for. After about a week of testing Arbonne's day cream I really did notice a difference with my skin. I had a glow and actually got a comment about how good my skin looked so 'is it worth the money' you ask, I say yes.

I've always been a fan of Liz Earle and her simple but effective beauty products. As a company they have great principles showing you can create exceptional beauty products without the need to damage others or the environment. The Lavender Cleanse and Polish is a personal favourite before bed but the Skin Repair Moisturiser is also a winner. 


*China have a rule that all beauty products HAVE to be tested on animals. If you do make sure you stick to products against animal testing then watch out as a few companies who have previously been against animal testing in their products have now gone against that to benefit their profit margins in order to be able to sell in China. Full story can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment